- No personal information is collected.
- No information is stored in the browser.
- No information is shared with, sent to or sold to third-parties.
- No information is shared with advertising companies.
- No information is mined and harvested for personal and behavioral trends.
- No information is monetized.
Information I collect and what I use it for
I run Plausible analytics on henkverlinde.com. The following information is collected:
- Page URL. I track the page URL of each page view on my website. I use this to understand which pages have been viewed and how many times a particular page has been viewed. For example: https://henkverlinde.com/privacy-policy/.
- HTTP Referer. I use the referrer string to understand the number of visitors referred to my website from links on other sites. For example: https://github.com/.
- Browser. I use this to understand what browsers people use when visiting my website. This is derived from the User-Agent HTTP header. The full User-Agent is discarded. For example: Chrome.
- Operating system. I use this to understand what operating systems people use when visiting my website. I only use the brand of the operating system and don’t include the version number or any other details. This is derived from the User-Agent HTTP header. The full User-Agent is discarded. For example: macOS.
- Device type. I use this to understand what devices people use when visiting my website. This is derived from window.innerWidth. The actual width of the browser in pixels is discarded. For example: Desktop.
- Visitor Country. I look up the visitor’s country using the IP address. I do not track anything more granular than the country of origin and the IP address of the visitor is discarded. I never store IP addresses in my database or logs. For example: United Kingdom.
Contact me if you have any questions.
Effective Date: 20th July 2020